Permits to Burn Now Being Issued for Open Fires

The Department of Fisheries and Land Resources says that a Permit to Burn can now be obtained for the remainder of the forest fire season for the purposes of burning of grass, brush and other materials.

A Permit to Burn is not required for recreational campfires, backyard fires and boil ups, however, these activities are required to be conducted in accordance with provincial forest fire regulations.

Permit holders are required to conduct all burning activity in accordance with strict conditions which can be viewed at the departments’ website.

A Permit to Burn can be obtained by telephoning a local Forestry and Wildlife District Office during regular business hours.