top of page
  • Writer's pictureStaff Writers

Grand Falls House has been transferred back to town


Twitter/Elvis Loveless

The Grand Falls House has been transferred from the province to the Town of Grand Falls-Windsor.


Grand Falls House was built in 1909 by Alfred and Harold Harmsworth and formed part of the properties established to service the paper mill. It is one of the oldest buildings in the community and region. The property comprises a large 1909 Tudor Revival style residence along with a small maintenance garage within a site of mature parkland overlooking the Exploits River.


Grand Falls House is one of several properties relinquished by the Department of Transportation and Infrastructure over the past two years.


The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure is anticipating annual savings from not having to continue to pay to secure and maintain the property.


Comments


bottom of page