Fire Truck for Southern Labrador Communities


The Minister of Children, Seniors and Social Development and MHA for Cartwright - L’Anse au Clair, Lisa Dempster, announced a new fire truck for the Charlottetown Fire Department on Friday, December 22.

Minister Dempster was joined for the announcement by members of the fire department, as well as officials from the Town of Charlottetown and the Local Service District of Pinsent’s Arm, both of which are served by the fire department.

The Provincial Government is investing approximately $103,000 for the Rural Response Unit, and the vehicle will be cost-shared with the municipality. The total cost of the vehicle will be $142,000, with the Provincial Government providing 80 per cent of the funding and the town providing the remaining 20 per cent.


CONNECT WITH US

Email: info@newfoundnews.ca

Call: (709) 638-2656

  • Facebook App Icon
  • Twitter App Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon
  • YouTube

 Newfoundland and Labrador owned and operated. Newfound News Corner Brook, NL, Canada.

© 2020 Newfound News