Details expected today on Operation Forth Bridge


More details are expected today on Operation Forth Bridge, a plan for the funeral of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, which is commensurate with his wish for minimal "fuss".


Prince Philip died on Friday morning at the age of 99. He passed away at Windsor Castle.


Since then tributes have been pouring in from around the world.


Richard Wagner, Administrator of the Government of Canada, currently filling the role of Governor General said in a statement that, "His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh devoted himself to the people of the Commonwealth and of Canada. He stood by Her Majesty The Queen for more than six decades, a constant and reassuring presence. He valued community, duty and service. He believed in wildlife conservation, volunteerism and supporting young people. A tireless world traveller, he showed that Canada held a special place in his heart by visiting this country more than any other.


Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau described The Duke of Edinburgh as “a man of great service to others – first as a decorated naval officer and later as a dedicated leader in the areas of community engagement and philanthropy – the Duke always sought out the best in people and challenged them to strive for greater heights."


Premier Furey said, "on behalf of the people of the province, I offer condolences to Her Majesty The Queen and the Royal Family on the passing of His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. He was a true friend to Canada."


Flags at provincial and federal government buildings are being flown at half-mast in Prince Philip’s honour.